I am placing here complete onpage checklist in 2015. Just check this out & mark which point you missed. Then work it and increase your search engine visibility. And i am going to share this strategy, WordPress CMS High Priority.
1. Install WordPress
2. Have you installed the SEO friendly WordPress theme? If you didn’t, find SEO friendly theme. It can be Free or premium. i prefer premium. Because the developer has done that job with care.
3. Is your site index or deindex? – After wordpress installation, automatic your site will be indexed, so you need to de-index from setting>Reading>Click on the check box on Search engine index.
4. Have you installed some important plugins? – If you didn’t, install now. Here is some important Plugins
- W3 Total Cache – Increase your site performance
- Akismet – Protect your Blog by Comment spamming
- Jetpack – Lots of features you will get from there, mainly you can see visitor states.
- MailChimp for WordPress – Build related mailing list by this plugin
- Yoast SEO Plugin – Increase search engine visibility by this plugin.
- Easy Table – Create Table any post, page or widget by short code
- EWWW Image Optimizer – Reduce your image size.
- Smart SEO Link – Outbound Nofollow link
- Addthis – Social Engagement
5. Have you setup your gmail account in your brand name? It’s not necessary.
6. Have you Setup WMT (Web Master Tool)?
7. Have you Setup Google Analytics?
8. Have you picked any keyword? – Collect Main keyword and post keyword from Google Adwords tool.
9. Have you collected any data on your competitors?
10. Have you used OSE, Ahrefs ?
11. Have you looked your keyword difficulty & competitor link building profile?
12. Have you written proper title? – 65 Characters or less
13. Have you set up proper Description? – 155 Characters or less
14. Have you setup post permalink? – I prefer the straight permalink setup, like “google.com/postname”
15. Have you setup custom permalink? – Custom permalink means keyword basis permalink. I mean if your post title is “Best 101 onpage optimization Checklist”, you permalink will be google.com/onpageOptimizationChecklist
16. Have you posted any content? – Post at least 15 content at a time. It will help you to quickly rank.
18. Have used H1 Tag? – Make sure you are using an H1 tag with keyword.
19. Have you used H2, H3, H4 tags in your content? – Must use H2, H3, H4 tags in your post content.
20. Did you include internal links in your content?
21. Have you set image ALT attributes?
22. Is your site loading perfectly? – If you didn’t check, check now. I prefer Gmatrix & pingdom tools. I don’t like google site speed insight tools. W3 total cache plugin can help you Check this point:
- Is compression enabled?
- Is browser caching enabled?
- Is your image compressed?
- Is minify your CSS/JS/HTML ?
23. Have you used Meta in a different post?
24. Have you used keywords in your post Meta?
25. Have you used the keyword in your title?
26. Have you used tag with keywords?
27. Have you used some words in your title? Such Best, in 2015, Guideline, 100+ etc
28. Have you optimized homepage content with keywords? – I prefer 200-250 words Homepage content.
29. Is your content formatting enough for getting higher CTR & increase bounce rating ?
30. Have you used professional & related image in your content?
31. Have you included related video in your content ?
32. Have you setup your social profile? – If you didn’t, then check this social profile site and create your brand profile
- Twitter.com/ Brand-Name
- Plus.google.com/+ Brand-Name
- Linkedin.com/company/ Brand-Name
- Pinterest.com/ Brand-Name
- Instagram.com/ Brand-Name
- Vine.co/ Brand-Name
- VK.com/ Brand-Name
- Youtube.com/ Brand-Name
- Scribd.com/ Brand-Name
- Scoop.it/ Brand-Name
- En.gravatar.com/ Brand-Name
- Scribd.com/ Brand-Name
- Flicker.com/photos/ Brand-Name
- Stumbleupon/ Brand-Name
- Technorati/ Brand-Name
- Reddit.com/ Brand-Name
33. Is your site mobile friendly? – Check your site by google mobile friendly checker tool.
34. Have you setup sitemap.xml? – if you didn’t, do it now from <http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/> or you can use this wordpress plugin (<https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/>)
35. Have you included robot.txt file ?
36. Have you checked your HTML errors? – Use W3C Validator for checking issue, then fix your problem.
37. Have you checked duplicate content?
38. Have you setup breadcrumb in your site ? – Use this Yoast plugin and check on breadcrumb section.
39. Have you checked broken links?
40. Have you used proper 301 redirects?
41. Have you setup schema markup?
42. Have you setup google knowledge graph?
43. And Finally , why you are waiting for index your site? Now again go to that page (settings>reading>index check box).Let your site open for google to properly index.
44. Here is some important tool, this tool list I got from a moz content.
That’s it. I think, its enough checklist for proper onpage optimizing. If i missed any important point or if you have any new idea about onpage optimization, please let me know. I will share another day another effective method. So guys now share your strategy on onpage optimization, what you have done in 2015 & still working that method. We can learn more effective things. So let’s join with us and share your strategy. If you love my checklist, comment here. That will be making me happy.